Monday, November 1, 2010

Setting Up the First Meeting

Trying to organize everything together before the first meeting of the season is very challenging.  I have hit many roadblocks on the way to the creation of a college debate team, and the greatest one is organization.  I have to set up meetings that are catered to the majorities needs in order for the debate team to work out, and it is very difficult.  I am planning on having the first meeting of the members on Friday the 12th @ 4:00pm.

This being said I have to set up an itinerary for the meeting.  I am getting myself and a few other veteran debaters from high school to prepare a demonstrative round of Parliamentary debate.  This should go over well with all the new debaters our team will be composed of.  Also I will need to get some information packets together and distribute them at the meeting.  I am preparing a questionnaire to be handed out at the meeting to gauge the strength of the members.

Also I will be scheduling a movie night for the team, and we will watch either The Great Debaters or Rocket Science.  Two good movies that are centred around debate.

-Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment